Saturday, June 16, 2012

Wanna Run a Faster 2.4km?


Training Tips To Run Faster
Whether you wish to shave precious seconds off your 2.4km IPPT time, or to improve your marathon personal best, making the following tweaks to your running techniques can help you run faster.

1. Keep your chin up.
Lots of guys look at their feet so they don’t have to stare at the long stretch of upward-bound pavement ahead. Instead, imagine that a rope is attached to the middle of your chest, and it’s being wound in from a point two stories above the top of the hill in front of you. Lifting your head opens your airways, so it’s easier to breathe than when your upper body is hunching forward.

2. Train with intervals.
If you’re regularly running 25 to 40km a week and don’t feel like you’re improving, add structured interval sessions to your training program. Once or twice a week, warm up for a mile, then alternate hard runs of 3 to 5 minutes each with a few minutes of jogging in between. Repeat three or four times.

3. Shorter strides are better.
It would seem logical that lengthening your stride would help you run faster. But taking longer steps actually slows you down by creating a braking action every time your foot meets the ground. Taking more steps, not longer ones, is the key to going faster. To monitor your progress, run around a track at race pace and count the number of times your right foot strikes the ground over a minute. The best rate for runners, weekend and elite alike, is about 90 strides per minute.

4. Don't neglect upper-body strength.
Grab a pair of light dumbbells and stand with one foot about 60cm in front of the other. Now do a smooth and controlled running motion with your arms, keeping your elbows bent 90 degrees and your feet stationary. Continue for 30 seconds, then reverse your stance and repeat. Arm movements are important in locomotion—if you doubt us, try running with your arms straight down at your sides. More powerful arm movements lead to more powerful locomotion. This is why sprinters do a lot of upper-body strength training, and why any runner can improve performance with this exercise.

5. Power up your push-off.
Increasing the force in your stride will make your running easier. The more powerfully you can push off the ground, the less effort each stride will take. Ultimately, it will be easier to run faster as you will feel like you have more strength in reserve. 
Try plyometrics – explosive bounding movements that help you push off the ground. These exercises mimic parts of the running stride and help give you more push- off power on the road. 


Running long distance also helps in your 2.4km running too! U will run a faster 2.4km!
Here's a run i did recently. 5.26km, using the Runkeeper app on my iPhone to track my time and distance. it can also track the route you run! :)

 Download this App now!
Its really good. sometimes it would even send emails to you to congratulate you on your fastest run this month or longest distance covered in the entire month. :)



25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this web site; this web site consists of amazing and in fact good material for visitors.

Here is my blog; exercises to jump higher exercises to improve vertical exercises to improve vertical jump exercises to improve vertical leap exercises to increase vertical exercises to increase vertical jump exercises to increase vertical leap exercises for vertical exercises for vertical jump exercises for vertical leap workouts to jump higher workouts to improve vertical workouts to improve vertical jump workouts to improve vertical leap workouts to increase vertical workouts to increase vertical jump workouts to increase vertical leap workouts for vertical workouts for vertical jump workouts for vertical leap vertical jump exercises vertical leap exercises vertical jump workouts vertical leap workouts

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are in fact fastidious thing if
you are not understanding anything completely, however this paragraph gives
fastidious understanding even.

Feel free to surf to my blog post e-learning.stjohn.Org.au

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found
any fascinating article like yours. It's pretty value enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content as you did, the internet will likely be much more helpful than ever before.

Feel free to surf to my page workouts to increase vertical jump

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable information you provide
in your articles. I'll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I'll learn many new stuff right here!
Good luck for the next!

My weblog workouts to increase vertical leap

Anonymous said...

Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one
and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin
or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.

Check out my web site; http://www.familylinkmobile.com

Anonymous said...

I visited many blogs except the audio quality for audio songs current at this web page is in
fact marvelous.

My webpage increase vertical jump

Anonymous said...

It's genuinely very difficult in this full of activity life to listen news on TV, thus I simply use web for that reason, and take the hottest news.

My blog vertical jump exercises

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn.
That is a very well written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I'll
certainly return.

My site; Salsaport.com

Anonymous said...

I read this post fully concerning the resemblance of latest and earlier technologies, it's remarkable article.

my website; gujaratayurveda.com

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be
bookmarking and checking back often!

Here is my web-site: vertical jump workouts

Anonymous said...

What's up everyone, it's my first pay a visit at this site, and article
is actually fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these types of articles.


Here is my weblog :: exercises for vertical leap

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger
if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Feel free to surf to my page exercises to increase vertical jump

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this blog is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.


Also visit my webpage - Vortext.Org

Anonymous said...

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if I
may just I wish to counsel you few fascinating things or suggestions.
Perhaps you can write subsequent articles relating to this article.

I want to learn even more things about it!

my site; workouts to improve vertical leap

Anonymous said...

you're actually a excellent webmaster. The site loading velocity is incredible. It sort of feels that you're doing any distinctive
trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a wonderful process in this subject!

Check out my webpage exercises to jump higher exercises to improve vertical exercises to improve vertical jump exercises to improve vertical leap exercises to increase vertical exercises to increase vertical jump exercises to increase vertical leap exercises for vertical exercises for vertical jump exercises for vertical leap workouts to jump higher workouts to improve vertical workouts to improve vertical jump workouts to improve vertical leap workouts to increase vertical workouts to increase vertical jump workouts to increase vertical leap workouts for vertical workouts for vertical jump workouts for vertical leap vertical jump exercises vertical leap exercises vertical jump workouts vertical leap workouts

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I
think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me.
I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to
get the hang of it!

Here is my webpage ... exercises to improve vertical leap

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.

Anyway, just wanted to say superb blog!

Here is my page: workouts to increase vertical jump

Anonymous said...

Great post! We are linking to this particularly great article
on our site. Keep up the good writing.

Have a look at my blog post - www.ristiku.tln.edu.ee

Anonymous said...

Usually I do not read post on blogs, however I would like to say that
this write-up very compelled me to try and
do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, quite nice
post.

my webpage ... rape.policywiki.in

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written
article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read
more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

Also visit my blog; Workouts To Improve Vertical Leap

Anonymous said...

Now I am going to do my breakfast, later than having
my breakfast coming again to read further news.


Here is my website ... Http://Exclusiveputas.Com/Groups/Some-Good-Suggestions-To-Use-Your-Vertical-Jump/

Anonymous said...

I am truly happy to read this weblog posts which includes lots of
valuable information, thanks for providing such statistics.


Review my site :: breakfast 60657

Anonymous said...

you are actually a just right webmaster. The site loading pace is amazing.
It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a excellent activity on this topic!

my web page exclusiveputas.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you foг the auѕрiсiouѕ ωrіteup.
It in truth usеd to be a enjoyment аcсount
it. Glanсe advancеd to mοге bгought
agгeеable from yοu! Howеvеr, hοω could we keеp up а сoггespondenсe?


My webѕite sell cars for cash

Anonymous said...

Great tips. Thanks for sharing.

However as personal trainers we believe that stride length is more important than cadence. Nonetheless, what is important is that each person is different and different strategies will work for different people.

Once again, great post.